- Merged “Copy Data” and “Move Data” into one window.
- “Copy Data” now has a Conflicts column when selecting which data to copy.
- “Edit” now shows a date selection dialog if no data was selected in the main window.
- “Remove” now shows the selected dates in the confirmation dialog.
- Removed some unnecessary newlines in dialog text.
- “Export to Pastebin” changes:
- “Export to Pastebin” will now ask the user if they want to open the link in their web browser.
- Added a default name for new pastes. This name is used if the user leaves the “name” field blank in the dialog.
- Added new options for default paste name, exposure, and expiration.
- Increased default width of “Export to Pastebin” dialog.
- Fields in “Export to Pastein” dialog can now expand.
- “Get Weather” changes:
- Added an image to the dialog that changes based on current weather conditions.
- Added “purge” command-line option. This will completely remove all data and configuration files. Not intended for users (“Clear All” already serves that purpose), more of a development thing for when potentially breaking changes are made to the files.
- All dialogs can now be resized. I’m not sure why I even added this limitation in the first place.
- Dataset selection windows that allow multiple selections now have the proper label.
- Moved help link into data files.
- Variables that used all caps have been changed to the rest of the application’s conventions.
- Removed some unnecessary dataset checks for if datasets other than the currently open one existed. These were no longer necessary with the new dialogs.
- Minor comment changes for dialog file headers.
- Dataset metadata files now use JSON (renamed from “metadata” to “metadata.json” with a format change).
- Main configuration file renamed from “config” to “config.json”. This file already used JSON format, this was merely a name change.
- Merged “lastprofile” and “window_size” configuration files into a new file called “application_restore.json”.
- Cleaned up “CurrentWeatherDialog” dialog class.
- Moved note truncation code to “datasets.py” module.
- Added “pastebin.json” data file, with expiration and exposure constants.
- Added dataset column index constants.
- Merged “DatasetNameDialog” and “LocationDialog” into “GenericEntryDialog” (entry_dialog.py).
- WeatherLog now fully uses the “title” UI variable.
- Fixed errors that would occur in “Add New” and “Get Current Weather” if the user was not connected to the internet.
- Fixed “Clear All” causing an error and being unable to clear options.
- Fixed “Clear All” resetting options with some options missing.
- Fixed window width and height sometimes getting swapped when restarting the application.
- Fixed being unable to start the application if certain configuration or data files were missing.
- Fixed recurring warning messages when launching the application using the default configuration.
- “Export” fixes:
- Fixed Unicode errors in “Export to CSV”.
- Fixed Unicode errors in “Export to HTML”.
- Fixed formatting issues in “Export to CSV”.
- Fixed extra “%” sign appearing in Humidity column title in “Export to HTML”.
- Fixed an error that would occur when attempting to move data between datasets.
- Fixed the dataset validation dialog not showing the proper dialog text.
- Fixed moving data then immediately switching datasets not removing the data from the original dataset.
- Fixed “Edit” not showing a dialog if there is no data to edit.
- Fixed some inconsistent dialog text in dialogs used by dataset functions.
Downloads and code are available on Github.
Project page: https://github.com/achesak/weatherlog
Release page: https://github.com/achesak/weatherlog/releases/tag/v4.4