- Dataset name restrictions are now looser:
- The only restrictions now are no forward slashes (“/”), no back slashes (“\”), and no periods at the start of the name.
- The period restriction only exists as that is convention for hidden files on Unix-based systems and could cause issues. Periods not at the first position are still allowed.
- Previously only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and certain symbols were allowed. While this sounds like everything, it disregards all accented characters, certain punctuation not used in English like “¿”, and all non-Latin characters. In other words, it’s very far from everything.
- Main data list now grabs focus. This means that it is now easier to use keyboard controls to navigate the data.
- Moved Options menu item from its own menu to the Weather menu.
- Added message dialog to Data Subset when no conditions are entered.
- Added “Reset Conditions” option. If set to true, conditions will be cleared after the data subset is shown.
- Renamed Info menu to Data, as there is much more than just the Info features there now.
- Changed some menu accelerators to more logical shortcuts.
- Clarified some tooltips in Options.
- Merged some functions in launch.py and io.py.
- Added extra error handling for launch.py and io.py.
- Simplified launch.py:get_restore_data().
- Renamed image files to remove the “profile” name.
- Dataset name validation now uses application constants.
- Added header comments to init files.
- Moved CalendarRangeDialog to its own file.
- Renamed GenericInfoDialog, GenericChartDialog, GenericGraphDialog; removed the “Generic” prefix as now one dialog is used for all.
- Added explicit error checks in blocks where all errors were previously caught.
- clear_all() now uses options() to reset options.
- Added function update_columns() for changing the list column titles.
- Clarified some comments.
- Removed unnecessary comments.
- Fixed Copy Data using the wrong names for dataset names.
- Fixed pickle not saving or loading data properly on Python 3. This also required a change to binary data files, but this should not break anything.
Downloads and code are available on Github.
Project page: https://github.com/achesak/weatherlog
Release page: https://github.com/achesak/weatherlog/releases/tag/v4.10